Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“ any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person ”.
Who we are
Capital Chartered Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of UK and European data protection and e-privacy legislation (Data Protection Legislation), the data controller is Capital Chartered Limited and our head office address is All Saints Passage, Wandsworth, London. SW18 1EP.
Data Protection Officer Contact Details
If you have any queries about how we use personal data or, in the event of a complaint, in the first instance contact our Data Protection Officer at:
Name: Damian Perring
Address: Capital Chartered Limited, All Saints Passage, Wandsworth, London. SW18 1EP
Phone: 020 8875 0035
Information we may collect from you
Personal data means any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from the information. We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you contact us about our services or you call us up directly.
Information you give us
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website www.capitalchartered.co.uk (our website) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you request a quotation, make a payment, engage us to provide services,
The information you give us may include your name, contact details (such as address, e-mail address and phone number), your personal preferences, choices and requirements specific to particular requests or services, financial and credit card information.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page.
Information we receive from other sources
We work with third parties (for example, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
We use a technology called "cookies" to record information on which pages you access, other information that you send via your browser and customise web page content based on your browser type.
The privacy of our visitors is of extreme importance to us and we will not share this data with other organisations.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
We have no access to or control over cookies that are used by third-party advertisers such as those placed by Google Analytics. You should consult the respective privacy policies of these third-party ad servers for more detailed information on their practices as well as for instructions about how to opt-out of certain practices. Our policy does not apply to, and we cannot control the activities of, such other advertisers or web sites.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
Analytics and search engine providers: to help us improve our services
We may provide information about your visit to analytics and search engine providers to help us improve and optimise our services. We generally only share this information in a form that does not directly identify you.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics works using cookies.
Google Analytics cookies collect your IP address, however because IP anonymisation is used on this website, your IP address will be shortened (and therefore anonymised) as soon as technically possible and before it is stored or otherwise used in connection with Google Analytics.
The anonymisation process takes place within the European Union or the European Economic Area, except in exceptional cases, where your full IP address may be sent to a Google server in the USA and shortened there.
We use the information collected by Google Analytics cookies to find out about how visitors use our website.
The IP address sent by your browser in connection with Google Analytics will not be combined by Google, with other data.
You can prevent Google Analytics cookies from being stored by setting your browser software accordingly. However, please note that you may not then be able to make full use of all the website's functions.
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
How we use your personal data?
We use your personal data for the purpose of providing our services as Chartered Surveyors and registered Valuers. We will only use your personal data to fulfil a legal or contractual obligation, if there is a legitimate business interest or where you agree to it.
We have your consent for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes including:
- Responding to your queries;
- Sending you quotations for our services
- Carrying out marketing activities;
- providing services and/or information to you;
- keeping in touch with you and/or your business;
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep information only for as long as we need it to provide our service or as required by law and to comply with regulatory and contract requirements.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that appropriate technical and organisational measures are carried out in order to safeguard the information we collect from you and protect against unlawful access and accidental loss or damage. These measures may include (as necessary):
- Protecting our servers with software firewalls;
- Locating our data processing storage facilities in secure locations;
- Encrypting all data stored on our server with an industry standard encryption method that encrypts the data between your computer and our server so that in the event of your network being insecure no data is passed in a format that could easily be deciphered;
- When necessary, disposing of or deleting your data so it is done so securely;
- Regularly backing up and encrypting all data we hold.
- We will ensure that our employees are aware of their privacy and data security obligations. This notice and our procedures for handling personal data will be reviewed as necessary.
- Even though we have an SSL in place on our site, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use the strict procedures and security features referred to in this clause to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Object to us processing it. We will either agree to stop processing or explain why we are unable to (the right to object)
- Ask us to update or correct your personal data to ensure its accuracy (the right of rectification)
- Ask us to delete your personal data from our records if it is no longer needed for the original purpose (the right to be forgotten)
- Ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances (the right of restriction)
- Ask for a copy of your personal data we hold, subject to certain exemptions (a data subject access request)
- Ask for a copy of your personal data, so it can be used for your own purposes (the right to data portability)
- Complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you feel your personal data has been mishandled. We encourage individuals to come to us in the first instance
- Ask us, at any time, to stop processing your personal data, if the processing is based only on individual consent (the right to withdraw consent)
Transfer of personal data abroad
We may also process or transfer your personal information outside the UK (and possibly to places outside the European Economic Area, which is all EU member states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). Capital Chartered shall take reasonable steps to ensure that any transfer of your personal information to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area, whose laws may provide for a lesser standard of protection for your personal information than that provided under European law, shall have adequate protection (such as model contractual arrangements as approved by the EU).
Your rights and your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact our Data Protection Officer.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
If we make changes to this notice we will provide an updated version at the earliest opportunity.